Sunday, September 03, 2006

CNN Complicity? Or Parapraxisity?

Mossa'ei Shabbath Qodesh Parshath Ki Thesse 5766

So, there I was, minding my own busines,...well, sort of,...checking out something which Barry Zilberman suggested people check out, something about kids in Qiryath Sh'moneh collecting... and giving CNN an earfull about it, when I bumped into the following news item:


Israeli dies in rocket attack
A rocket attack near Nasariyah, Israel, killed one person. (August 2)



Is it me, or does Nasariyah sound just a little too much like Nasrallah YSh"W?

I mean, Netanyah was named for Natan (Strauss), right? And Hertzliyah was named for Hertzl, right?

Oh, I suppose some of you are worried about the missing "L"-sound from Nasariyah, and how that might poke a hole or two in my logic. So, let me remind you that the "allah" in Nasrallah simply means "God" or "of God" (leHavdil), just like, you guessed it, the Hebrew "yah." Get it now?

Sigmund FreudNow, of course, this simply could have been an innocent occurance of parapraxis (commonly referred to as a "Freudian slip"). It most definitely was not a typographical error, as we all know that CNN is incapable of such things. The only questions which remain are "Did CNN slip up in revealing the secret desires of Hizbollah YSh"W? Or did CNN slip up in revealing its own secret desires and interests?

CNN LIESHere in Israel, we are all familiar with those bumper stickers about CNN. So, I am sure it does not come as a surprise to any of us this latest "accident." But, are we now going to have to make new bumper stickers? And what should they say? "CNN slips?" "CNN routes for the Arabs?" Or how about "CNN Likes the Arabs?" That way we can do our part to protect the environment by reducing the amount of material produced. We'll just have to print the "K," cut the old bumper sticker, insert the the "K," and then add "the Arabs" at the bottom with a black marking pen.

Oh, and in case anyone wants to come after me with legal action for my hypothetical suggestions, please do. I could use the free publicity. Besides, I'll just say it was a [very extended] "Freudian slip."

All's fair in love and war,... and parapraxis.

No comments:

You Might Also Like...