20 of the Second Month 5769
Vos Iz Neias? sent New York Rabbi Yair Hoffman out to interview Rabbi David Bar-Hayim.
The two-hour interview is spread out over 12 video clips, and can be found by clicking here, or by clicking on the first installment below.
After viewing the entire interview, it appears that it covers a variety of topics, including several about which I myself am asked by friends and acquaintances, as a student of Rabbi David Bar-Hayim:
1. What Machon Shilo is and what its goals are
2. Machon Shilo's shitah (approach) of determining halachah le'ma'aseh (day-to-day questions of Jewish Law) is actually not a new shitah, but rather quite similar to the shitoth of the Ramba"m, the GR"A, the Netziv, and the Hazon Ish.
3. How Machon Shilo regards the Talmud Yerushalmi vs. the Talmud Bavli
4. How Machon Shilo views and relates to the Shulhan Arukh
5. Rabbi David Bar-Hayim's relationship with, and view of Yeshivath Merkav HaRav Kook
Through the course of the interview touches upon various issues, such as Birkath HaHammah, the prayer for rain, the Jerusalem Eruv, Biblical criticism, Islam, Galuth (diaspora), and Aliyah.