Sunday, January 03, 2010

Do You Support The Jerusalem Post?

18 of the Tenth Month 5770

I recently received the following email from the Jerusalem Post:
Hello,

I'm XXX, the Traffic Manager for Jpost.com
You are receiving this message after being handpicked by me for this project.

Our new site (coming January 2010) is going to have a 'friends list', featuring sites based on common interests, referring traffic, worthy causes & our personal appreciation.

Appearing on this list means more visitors for you, brand exposure, and a personal cooperation with the Jerusalem Post.
If interested, our friends will also be able to receive our premium content updates for free (this is a paid service), customized with the material that interests you.

To become a friend of Jpost and appear on our list, we're asking you to place our widget on your site, or a banner linking to us.
We also encourage you to use more of our content, and we'll gladly supply you with updates that interest you.

The main feature of this project is a special iFrame that we'll place on our master page (it will appear on every single page in the Jpost site). This box is going to showcase our top referring sites, meaning it will be immediately visible to our many millions of monthly visitors.

If you'd like to take part in this initiative, please contact me for more details.
I will gladly answer all of you questions, and guide you in case of technical difficulties.

You can also give me your IM messenger, so things go a tad quicker.


I hope this found you well, and I sincerely thank you for taking the time to read my e-mail.

Happy holidays,
XXX X.

(What holidays? This email was dated December 22, for goodness sakes! Hanukkah was over a few days ago.)

My Response:

I have absolutely no interest in supporting the Jerusalem Post.

Too much religious bashing, friendliness toward Christians, as well as fawning over Netanyahu.

But, cancel your Christian edition, and maybe we'll talk.

Ya'aqov Ben-Yehudah
Jerusalem

No comments:

You Might Also Like...