Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Response to HaEtzni’s "Revenge Attacks On Arabs Are Crazy"

19 of the Eighth Month 5771

The following is a response to former MK Elyakim HaEtzni’s statement that Revenge Attacks On Arabs [Are] “Crazy.”

Gil Ronen, 19 Marheshwan 5771/October 25, 1020

(Israel National News) Kiryat Arba resident and prominent nationalist spokesman Attorney Elyakim Ha'etzni spoke out on national TV Monday against the so-called “price tag” raids that were allegedly carried out by Jews against Arabs in Judea and Samaria. There is no proof that this is what occurred, however..

Ha'etzni, a former Knesset Member for the now-defunct nationalist Techiya Party, told Channel 10 news that the people who carry out such raids are “madmen.” (Read more…)

I guess I'm just frustrated with anyone who his thinks he "has THE answer," without including Torah. (sigh) And, yeah, I know I'm just talking to a wall when I make such comments. I know more than a few sane rabbanim who make the argument that burning Mosques and that like is not a good strategy, not helpful, etc., and can back up their statements. I am certainly willing to accept such arguments. When rabbanim say that such a thing is an aveirah, I want them to support their arguments with halachic sources, and not just Western cultural rhetoric. I always used to have a great deal of respect for hiloni, "right wingers," and still do for the frustrated guys on the street. I always believed this was some sort of spark in their neshamoth. But however "brilliant" such people as HaEtzni, and others are, they have to wake up finally to the fact that the use of Western logic to make Israel's case to the West is not going to make one darn bit of difference. עשו שונא ליעקב - ספרי בהעלותך ס"ט (Esau hates Ya'aqov - Sifrei, B'ha'alotehca 69) It's time to stop repeating the same mistakes over again, expecting different results.

No comments:

You Might Also Like...