Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Women's Section

כ"ג לחודש השישי תשע"ג
12th Anniversary of the 9/11 Massacre

Times Of Israel: The Women's Section

Ashira Konigsburg, August 28, 2013

I vividly recall the day I came across the term ezrat nashim. “What’s that?” I asked my third-grade Hebrew teacher?

“The women’s section” she replied. “The women’s section of what?” I asked. “Of the mechitza,” she answered, unaware that she was about to rock the foundation of my world.

My teacher patiently explained that women and men sit separately in shul and that the women’s section is called ezrat nashim. I had a painful realization: The assumption I had that one day my Abba and I would pray together at the Kotel was not to be. (cont.)

Esser Agaroth (2¢):
Oh, by all means, do read Ashira Konigsburg's entire piece.

Chipping away at the Torah, one piece at a time. That's all this really is, because they all know that the Torah is too powerful to attack head on. And so they have all deluded themselves into believing that a little bit at a time could actually work.

The Tzadoqim did it. The pre-Christians did it. The Sabbateans did it, and some say still are doing it. The Kairites did it. The confused, neo-Kairites think they're doing it. The Reformismists did it, continue to try and do it, and conveniently change strategies every time they fail to do it effectively,...which is often always.

I won't even bother with all of those other so-called "denominations," as if there even were such a thing (they way they see it) in Judaism.

It is entirely likely that Ms. Konigsburg is simply a pawn, and knows not what she does (ie. tinoqeth shenishba), attempting to project Western/assimilationist "progressive" values and sensibilities onto the Torah (authentic Jewish values and sensibilities), the fundamental error of any Jewish or pseudo-Jewish community, and its "creative," and that's being kind, view of the Torah.

This is has a name: Galuth (exile) mentality, albeit, not the only manifestation of it.

But, I have already mentioned this many a time previously...
What the "Women of the Wall" are Really About

Rebellious "Women of the Wall" are At It Again

The "Women of the Wall" are not the Problem

Focus on the Western Wall 

Livni vs. Bennett Over "Women of the Wall"

True Modesty

I know. You are BEGGING me to give you Ashira Konigsburg's Esser Agaroth rating!

Well, even though I am certain that she will relish in this rating, and even "progressive" pride in it, I will succumb to your begging.

3 "She who must not be named"'s
Here are her scores!
3 Nose-picking Erev Rav Presidents
1 Sea Hag
for her piss poor
attempt at feminism

The highest possible scores are 5's. Sorry, Ashira Konigsburg. You'll have to work harder next time.

And, I am certain that you will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

B"H - I agree. However, I would like to mention here something I don't agree with and that is the advertising that appears on the top of your post. It says: "Vote Aryeh King at the Jerusalem municipal elections" or something like that. Now, I have no clue who Aryeh King is and I am not objecting to his policies, because I don't know them and I don't care. What I'm objecting to is voting in general: We are Torah Jews (as if there were others, go figure! Koran Jews? NT Jews? Anyway, that's besides the point now). What I would like to know is where is it written ".. and go vote yourselves a city council of kofrim, aravim and who-knows-who to manage the business of the towns I'm giving you to dwell in on the Land?" That is not what we are told to do! We are told to establish just courts in every city and even the number of judges is precisely determined, according to the families living within any given place. So, moral of the story, why are we insisting on doing things the nations' way and not in His? ??? ??? Hm?

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you wrote, though its hard to explain it to someone from another "denomination". Aryeh, the reason we are not yet doing things Hashem's way is because we don't have moshiach. Clearly what we have now is less than ideal, but we are affected by the policies of the current government. Not voting is also voting. Say, if candidate A wanted to give away land, and candidate B did not, are you saying you wouldn't vote?

Shy Guy said...

What Aharon said: not voting is also voting.

Anonymous said...

B"H - That the abstention from the vote has an effect on the results is obvious, but that doesn't mean that non-voting is voting. Voting is voting and non voting is non voting.

You Might Also Like...