Thursday, June 05, 2014

Why I Refused to be Interviewed by Arutz 7

אסרו חג השבועות תשע"ד

I was recently approached by the host of an Arutz 7 radio show who asked me to be on his show. I never asked his permission to make our communication public, so I have edited his side of the conversation, in order to protect his identity.

Arutz 7/Israel National News
...an excellent idea gone horribly, horribly wrong

Hi, my name is Ploni and I am interested in having you on my show. Can you please email me at XXXX@XXXX? 

Be well and speak to you soon. 

*********

Hi Esser, thank you for getting in touch with me.

...I .... host a show on israelnationaradio.com called XXXXXXX

....

Your blog is very popular to the point the director of IsraelNationalRadio, Tamar Yonah, asked me to contact you.

Can you come on for a 15 minutes interview this Thursday at 7:30 P.M.

It should give great exposure for your blog.


*********

Ploni,

Thank you for the offer.

Tamar Yonah and I firmly agree on several issues, and have exchanged information with one another over the years, for which I am very grateful.

I hope to be in touch with Tamar again in the future regarding how we can help each other with our common goals.

However, I must decline.

Yes, I do still cite Arutz 7, as there are definitely occasions when it provides the most accurate reports.

I find Arutz 7's relationship with various Christian groups to be very disturbing and damaging to Am Yisra'el, as well as to our sovereignty over Eretz Yisra'el, and I believe very strongly (though I cannot prove) that these relationships have tainted Arutz 7's objectivity.

I am unable to associate myself, or my website with such an operation, no matter how much exposure I would gain, and I believe that I would gain a lot.

Let's be honest. My site is a drop in the barrel, compared with other blogs, and thus has only a drop of the importance and influence which others have. Nevertheless, I am surprised that Arutz 7 approached me, given the anti-Christian, anti-Esau, anti-Avodah Zarah content I have written.

Feel free to be in contact with me in the future, in the event that you believe that we can assist each other on a one-on-one to further any common goals we may have.

Thanks again!

Esser Agaroth (2¢):
Well, Ploni never responded to my decline of his offer. Quite frankly, I am hardly surprised.

Since then, I have also suggested that Ploni approach the father Moriah Goldberg for an interview. This certainly up Arutz 7's alley, an issue upon which we agree, and whether Ploni thinks so or not, an issue quite relevant to the theme of his particular show. Tamar Yonah, herself, has been quite open about her daughter's own arrest for keeping to her principles.

I was also planning on suggesting another interview, but now I am now so sure that I should bother.

I have also been made aware of the treatment of Jews on Arutz 7's discussion forums, Jews who dare to express opinions too distant from its own, yet will defend non-Jews..

I think that overall Arutz 7 is hopelessly lost, and beyond anybody's help, certainly mine.

ערב שבת קודש פר׳ בהעלותך תשע״ד
Update:
I receive a nice e-note from Tamar Yonah offering to address my concerns about Arutz 7 by phone or Skype, as she was currently too busy to write. However, the link to this post was deleted not once, but twice from the Arutz 7 - Israel National News Facebook Group.

6 comments:

concerned said...

I have left comments on Arutz 7 articles that invited others to explore links to Christians and cited proofs. My comments were never posted and many others that supported their views were posted before and after my attempted post. This has happened numerous times. I have greatly lost respect for them.

Esser Agaroth said...

Concerned,

Thank you writing and letting us know your experience.

Billy said...

I don't agree with A7's links to Christian groups and I certainly don't want Christians in our Land but I do feel gratitude towards anybody who supports our cause. I know this makes me a squish compared to others on the extreme right but I just don't care for the Christian bashing.

I don't really like bashing any religion, even Islam, to tell you the truth. I don't care what religion goyish groups practice.

Esser Agaroth said...

Well, the standard, accepted halakha is that we are exempt from chasing after avodah zarah outside of the land of Israel.

So, on one level it doesn't matter what beliefs people possess outside of Israel. They'll all learn the truth eventually.

Even Rav Kahane hy"d was neutral to positive about Christian support, as long as they did it from "afar."

I believe that Christians support for Israel is its own reward, and even they love to cite the expounding on Gen 12:3, that whoever blesses Israel (Avraham's inheritor) will be blessed, and whoever curses Israel will be cursed.

However, we have very specific commandments to destroy places of avodah zarah within Israel. We may not believe that we are able to accomplish such goals now, but we must believe that we will be able to fulfill such commandments eventually.

Compromising ones journalistic integrity and defending and protecting Christians and refusal to to publish the Torah truth about such issues is, at the very least, problematic. (I have reports, but no tangible proof in my hands to show you, regarding whether A7 is a part of this or not.)

When members of other religions such as some Christians who are eying our Land, and already have establish a few footholds here, and the many Muslims who want to annihilate us, and their beliefs and practices are based on what they claim to be the fundamentals of their religions, then I have absolutely no problem bashing their religions.

Thanks again, Billy, for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Billy said...

I agree that there is no question that, ultimately, Christian places of worship in the Land of Israel need to be destroyed. That is just Halacha 101 and even ultra moderates like Ovadia said so.

That said, I still feel the need to be respectful of the religious beliefs of those who support us. I've always just been very uncomfortable attacking someone's faith in general and that goes double for the faith of people who support the Jews. I certainly wouldn't want to ever say something insulting to somebody like Orde Wingate for example.

Esser Agaroth said...

The only thing I can say to that, is that if "they" stay away, I would agree that it might be more productive to focus on other targets.

Like I said, we are exempt from going after them outside of Israel.

It might be a good strategy to follow your approach, but it is certainly not prohibited from exposing their lies,...no matter how it "feels" to do so."

I personally am against taking their money, as well.

As the Torah states explicitly:

.וְלֹא-תִקַּח שֹׁחַד--כִּי הַשֹּׁחַד יְעַוֵּר עֵינֵי חֲכָמִים, וִיסַלֵּף דִּבְרֵי צַדִּיקִם.
דְּבָרִים טז,יט


...neither shall you take a gift; for a gift blinds the eyes of the wise, and perverts the words of the righteous. Deut. 16:19

You Might Also Like...